Is there a place in the world you never want to visit? Where, and why not?
As I stated in yesterday’s post, “Oh the Places You’ll Go,” I can find beauty in just about any location. The buildings. The landscape. The flora. Despite crumbling buildings, I can find a small detail that I find fascinating.
There is one small little problem, though. I have a MASSIVE phobia of snakes. Any kind. Big or little. Venomous or not. I hate them. Hate them. HATE THEM!!!
So, I have absolutely no desire what so ever to go ANYWHERE where I might run in to some. That includes, but not limited to:
- The Amazon Rainforest.
- The Herpetarium at the zoo (Yes, I am fully aware that there are OTHER reptiles there, but there are far more snakes than any other creature).
- The reptile department of PetSmart (or any other pet store for that matter).
- Any snake or reptile show at a local convention center.
- The reptile section of the library or the book store.
- A theatre showing “Snakes on a Plane.” Or “Anaconda.” Or any other snake based movie.
- The South Seas where the sea snake lives. (I can still remember the nightmare I had as a child where the canal behind our house became infested with sea snakes and I fell in.)
- The Reptile section of my college biology textbook. (Yes, boys and girls, I actually CHOSE to fail that part of the semester, just so I did not have to see the pictures in that section.)
- The pinestraw in my front yard. (I found some babies in there last spring.)
- Anywhere else you might think of where one might unexpectedly walk up on one of those vile creatures.
Now, if you will excuse me, I now have a serious case of the heebie-jeebies.